Napa, CA – Today Rep. Mike Thompson (CA-05) formally announced Tamara Jones as this year’s Woman of the Year in Napa County. Thompson accepted nominations in February from across the Fifth Congressional District for his annual awards honoring women who make exceptional impacts in our community.
“Tamara’s community service is reflected in the love our entire community feels for her. Last year during the fires, she volunteered her time to help evacuees find food and shelter. I saw her dedication firsthand, as she carefully organized donations and greeted every person she met with a big hug and a caring smile,” said Thompson. “Tamara is the kind of leader you want on long and hard days, and I am honored to present her with this award.”
This is the fourth annual Woman of the Year Awards, started in honor of Women’s History Month. Each year, Thompson selects one woman from each of the counties in our district to be recognized for her service to our community.
A complete list of the 2018 winners includes:
- Tamara Jones, Napa County
- Detective Connie Van Putten, Contra Costa County
- Ginny Craven, Lake County
- Sharon McGriff Payne, Solano County
- Susan Moore, Sonoma County
- Dr. Jennifer Gonzalez, special posthumous award presented to her family
- Dr. Jennifer Golick, special posthumous award presented to her family
- Christine M. Loeber, special posthumous award presented to her family
Tamara Jones and Mike Thompson